Thursday, November 26, 2020

Move Chicks

 On Monday, Nov 24 moved the chicks to a cage outside.  The chicks are about 8 to 9 days old. The cage is larger and I have moved chicks before, but it was in August. Result, lost a chick overnight, my guess is it went down to the first floor and did not know how to get back up to where all the other chicks were. The nights are cold.  Also upon arrival to the chicks, I  found a hawk just sitting next to the cage. If a hawk has found them so have other critters, so I made an executive decision that it is too late in the year to have a cage outside with this young of chicks and moved them back inside a classroom. I used  the larger bottom half of the cage that the chicks are currently in to house them. The bottom part of the cage is six feet  x 2 feet x 20 " tall and it is on wheels.I placed the chicks in room 13 and placed a camera on them.




No comments:

Post a Comment