Sunday, February 7, 2021

Back Fence Cut (SW corner). BCM's like water running

 I recently moved a sink that was first installed last year in the garden and then moved just to the outside of the coop into the coop itself over Winter Break. A new behavior that only the young BCM group is doing, is that when I turn on the water ( I don't have an actual drain yet) the water flows onto the ground towards a hole I have cut into the wall to drain out.  The chicks flock to the water when they hear it turned on.







This past weekend, Friday night Jan 30th we had the back fence to the school cut again, this time no casualties to the chickens. The cut in the fence was made for some banditos to jump over the existing west wall between the wall and building, to cut another chainlink fence to gain access into one of the existing businesses next to the school. I have put in a request with the district to install a light on the exterior of the shipping container. A camera connected to the school system would be good also. I have camera's (Chromebooks) set up to act as cameras for me to monitor the coop. This was the third time the back fence has been cut. The first two times resulted in roosters being killed by coyotes who were able to gain access through the opening in the fence.






No comments:

Post a Comment