Sunday, September 12, 2021

Something Still Eating Eggs in Coop

 This week I spent time in the evening at the coop. One of the things I did was change the time to the automatic doors. Open door hours are now 6 AM to 7:30 PM. We adopted a rooster this week. The rooster came from one of the UUSD maintenance workers who had purchased four chicks from TSC at the beginning of summer. The rooster is an Orpington, orange in color the students call him OC.

On Sunday Sept 12 I went to the coop to collect eggs. On Sunday I only collected 16 eggs, and found 4 broken eggs. I had not collected eggs on Saturday and only collected 4 eggs in the AM on Friday. I was expecting to find well over 40 eggs.  I caught one hen that I suspect might be the culprit who is eating the eggs.


No comments:

Post a Comment