Saturday, October 24, 2020

New Batch of Eggs for the Incubator!

 

New Batch of Eggs in Incubator

 Today I drove to Magic Mountain and purchased from a 3rd party a dozen Copper Maran Eggs that are supposed to be fertile.  I found the seller online through Craigslist.  There are several sellers online. He was the only one that specifically had the Copper Marans that was within an hour's drive from my house. Many sellers have backyard mix breeds and have many colorful eggs.  I am specifically interested in dark chocolate eggs. I want to add color to our flock. I am hoping I made a  reasonable choice. The seller seemed very knowledgeable about chicken and breeds. This is the first time I have ever purchased eggs.

Along with the 12 eggs I purchased the seller included a few extra Maran eggs and a few olive color eggs, and a gray egg, for a total of 19 eggs.  They went into the Incubator today 10/24 expected hatch date will be Nov 14th.










The eggs on the top carton in the image below are the current range of egg colors we have on the HHS farm.



No comments:

Post a Comment