Wednesday, October 28, 2020

UPdate of Eggs in Incubator

 

 On Saturday October 24 I drove to the McDonalds on Magic Mountain Parkway to purchase a dozen eggs of Marans. Later that day I placed the eggs into the incubator.  Temperature set at 99.5 50% humidity.

Upland experienced heavy winds on Monday, Oct 26 causing some power outages. As a precaution, I placed the incubator on a battery-powered device. I hooked it up to a power converter that was attached to a deep cell 12V battery. When I arrived at class on Tuesday morning, the power alarm was on meaning the battery has gone dead.  

I quickly placed the incubator back on city power. At the start, the temp of the incubator read 70 degrees and the humidity was 92 %. Within the hour I had the temperature back to 99 degrees and humidity to 65%. I will be waiting a few days and then I will candle the eggs to see if they are viable.  I am really bummed that this happened





No comments:

Post a Comment